Author Topic: X-TAON: Baroque "Baron Von Neon"  (Read 751 times)

Greetings all. I am tossing myself into the Fray. Entering this pretty late. Heard about this a few days ago and hit the ground running...Seeing a lot of awesomesauce designs around. Not sure what I am going for TBH, I just do know I want to incorporate some baroque-styled details with some modern elements. So far I have two options. I will play around with colors later, but just want to get the baroque elements in as they take the longest. Feedback welcome.
Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 06:11:35 am

Good job!  I like the first one better, but it's just the way I see it :)
Jan Trubac - 3D Modeler | CG Artist
www.artstation.com/jantru

Good job!  I like the first one better, but it's just the way I see it :)
Same. Thanks for the feedback. appreciate it.

Feel like I am getting closer. I wanted to add a splash of color into the mix.

Ignore the pattern on the roof...That is just filler. Drew in the wing on the back sides this evening. Made a few alphas in Photoshop and used some of the SP brushes to add the color. I used several layers and changed the blend modes to get some interesting results.
Will keep going and see where it leads.

This is awesome man!! I guess it wasn't just me who had the Baroque idea in mind  ;D
Can't wait to see how this turns out!
Jason Adicendana Tjahyadi - 3D Artist | Student
https://www.artstation.com/jmusictouch

This is awesome man!! I guess it wasn't just me who had the Baroque idea in mind  ;D
Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Thanks. ;D LOL...Yeah noticed quite a few with baroque type details after the fact. I may dial back on the baroque elements a bit. Depends on how its feeling.

This is where I am at thus far. Dialed back on the scrollwork up front and reordered a few things.
I feel like I am heading in the right direction...I think >__>

Ok...Been at it all day. I think other than the license plate and a few tweaks here and there, it's looking to be done.
I will have a look at it again in the morning with Fresh eyes.
I had fun doing this. I was nice to give myself an excuse to work so intensively with Substance painter. Best of luck to everyone!

I love the colors and design on the side 

Finally finished and submitted. I also decided that "Baron Von Neon" seemed like a fitting title for this car. Neon and Baroque elements...methinks it fits. Anyhooo...It's been a blast. Here are some of my final images. Best of luck to everyone, I have been having a blast seeing everyone's entries. Thank you all for sharing, Thanks to Allegorithmic and crew, Nvidia, Wacom, Sketchfab and Car Design News. Let's do this again soon :3

Really impressive !! good work !  :D