Author Topic: X-TAON: toasty  (Read 884 times)

Hi!
I'm glad to attend this Art Car Texturing Contest. Let's try to finish it on time!

Here are some primary concepts I've been working on since Tuesday 11. I matte painted screenshots from sketchfab to prevent myself from improvisation in Substance Painter.

It allows me to test some ajustments and crazy ideas like the custom front headlights. Each color part will receive a surface treatment (coated, brushed, etc.)

Feel free to make any comment.

Yikes! You have a lot to do in a very short period.  Your pre-vis sketches have some very interesting ideas. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.  Best of luck!

Looks promising, man I wish I had you idea of putting headlights in the air intakes.

Yikes! You have a lot to do in a very short period.  Your pre-vis sketches have some very interesting ideas. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.  Best of luck!

Thanks! I have to admit that I underestimated the time it takes to paint everything but it's challenging!

Looks promising, man I wish I had you idea of putting headlights in the air intakes.

These new headlights come to life!

Here are some quick iray renders to validate color shapes and custom parts. Let's see how far can I push the surface details.

Very cool!  Did you turn off all the channels for the wheels to get it to be transparent? Also, did/are you going to replace the wheel with a glass (Plexiglas) fill?  Keep pushing, I would like to see this one finished!

Very cool!  Did you turn off all the channels for the wheels to get it to be transparent? Also, did/are you going to replace the wheel with a glass (Plexiglas) fill?  Keep pushing, I would like to see this one finished!

Yes I applied an opacity of zero on the rims to get rid of them. You mean for the tires? I don't think I will, rubber tires are maybe the only asset you can't touch!

SGH

aww man,

how did you manage to get the rims invisible?.

I followed the tutorials to use opacity for the glass, but when it came to other objects, opacity never worked, really spoilt my idea for the back lights.
Refraction just ended up causing issues in the render.

anyways Good job.

aww man,

how did you manage to get the rims invisible?.

I followed the tutorials to use opacity for the glass, but when it came to other objects, opacity never worked, really spoilt my idea for the back lights.
Refraction just ended up causing issues in the render.

anyways Good job.

hey! To make it works you need to create a new shader instance only for the texture set you need to apply an opacity of zero.

Then create a new layer by masking the objects you want and apply a black opacity. Don't forget to create the opacity channel. In my case I didn't use refraction.

thanks though!

SGH

yes, this is exactly what was in the tutorial, which I did try.

okay I just figured it out. I think you have to add the alphablend then specify the particular object to have opacity. I think mine did not work as I decided to change it when the lights were done, which meant having to redo C car parts again . Dang.

Thanks

tires are almost ready, I'm testing surface variations. The challenge now is to stay subtle!

after a sad corrupted painter file I finally managed to push the details. Mostly surface detail tweaks and minor color changes. Deadline is coming so fast!

toasty, i love it.  keep it clean and keep it elegant.  good job.