Author Topic: Substance Engine init failing with error code : 4 Please contact Allegorithmic  (Read 507 times)

Hmm, that is strange. I haven't seen that error appear before. Which version of the plugin are you using? Did you download "Substance_Maya-1.3.0+2018-307-msvc11-x64" from our site?

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Deepak,

We have the same issue at work.
I already wrote about this to Allegorithmic. Unfortunately there are no solution for this.
My guess is it's a python library issue.
:(
I'm an Environment Artist and R&D Generalist at Digic Pictures

The error code 0x04 is the "Version not supported" errorcode, which likely means there's a linker/engine mismatch. If there's a workaround that might work, it'd be to uninstall the plugin and make sure there are no engine or linker .dll files remaining, then reinstall it.

Other than that, I'm not really sure what the issue might be.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya 2.0, 3ds Max & Modo
galen.helfter@allegorithmic.com

The error code 0x04 is the "Version not supported" errorcode, which likely means there's a linker/engine mismatch. If there's a workaround that might work, it'd be to uninstall the plugin and make sure there are no engine or linker .dll files remaining, then reinstall it.

Thank you, we'll try to to that.

Hi Galen,
That worked. :)

Cheers,
Denes

Hi Denes,

I'm glad that worked. If that was the problem, then it should likely go away in Maya 2019. Forward from there, the plugin is installed outside of Maya's directory, so that is good news.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya 2.0, 3ds Max & Modo
galen.helfter@allegorithmic.com