Author Topic: From Concept To Creation  (Read 871 times)

The idea is to Create a material which shows a journey of a car from its initial "concept" to its final "creation",hence the name...

Here is the reference board for the first material "Concept":-

(source: allegorithmic post: https://www.allegorithmic.com/blog/behind-scenes-x-taon-substance-show-car)

So, because I don't have my graphics tablet so, I couldn't create this look using my hands... and substance designer is a great option I couldn't figure out how to create those sloppy hand gestures.....(maybe curves driven by position and AO maps) , the second option is to take the photo and draw them by hand ( but because i am not a professional car designer it hard for me to produce that result ... but its the best option so far)....... Let's see  how it goes
Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:55:11 pm

dang haha, I am actually working on the exact same idea as you  XD even the title is quite similar

haahaa.... maybe that is the beauty of living in this field.... it not about the idea, it's about the execution.... (you'll probably do a better job at executing this because I suck at drawing... xD)....anyways, all the best mate!!!

Thanks man! All the best to you too :D can't wait to see the final result!

so here is the "Concept Material" i went for more of a blueprint-rough-sketch kinda look which to me shows more personality then the clean lines.... although it needs more refinement, but its good enough for you guys to critique(please, be brutal) :D

here is the clay_material version:-

Reference:-

Output:-

this is my "from concept to creation" Material (a.k.a combined material) :-

please ignore the shading stuff... for now...

Now that I have my rough overall direction mapped out... I can focus on the details and refining them :D

Thanks man! All the best to you too :D can't wait to see the final result!

hey, when are you going to be uploading your WIP??... can't wait to see your take on this theme :D

hey there. nice concept, looks like someone (from allegorithmic?) made a similar approach on the same car! https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj7zdxDnoL0/

OH Cool!! I was about to add that silver paper in the next pass..... thank you for letting me know now i have more images to my inspiration land :D

Cheers...

here is the psychedelic Painting version with some cyberpunk touch... btw I am really inspired by our truck art in india :D

SGH

So, because I don't have my graphics tablet so, I couldn't create this look using my hands... and substance designer is a great option I couldn't figure out how to create those sloppy hand gestures.....(maybe curves driven by position and AO maps) , the second option is to take the photo and draw them by hand ( but because i am not a professional car designer it hard for me to produce that result ... but its the best option so far)....... Let's see  how it goes

haha, yes, I though of this idea too, but you would need a tablet or even better a cintiq type of screen to draw. such sketches requires gestures and here the model will constrain the form. The grid should not be used though, it should all be about line form and marker type of shading.

hey... thanks for the suggestion, i also think that grid is too much and unnecessary... but because of the time constraints I think I have to make my last Version as my final as it more colorful and resonate with the theme as well.... but thanks anyways and all the best to you :D