Author Topic: Paint seamlessly over several UV and texture sets  (Read 1211 times)

Dear Allegorithmic Team,

Im looking for a very long time a at the uservote system, specifically at this feature request:
It has been started a year ago, 2. November 2017.

https://allegorithmic.uservoice.com/forums/261284-substance-painter/suggestions/6626602-paint-seamlessly-over-several-uv-and-texture-sets?page=1&per_page=20

Is it possible to share some information regarding that feature? Does it come with a merge textureset exporter as well?  Substance designer is not an option here, we don't want to have multiply programms simultaneously open, especially while itterating.
You guys did a phenomenal job inventing a good PBR texturing workflow with your suit. Im very thanksfull!
We hope to hear back from you.

Cheers,
Thomas
Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 10:32:52 am

It is in the works.

Hello Jeremie,

many thanks for the reply. Looking forward to get my hands on this one ;)

Merry Christmas!

It is in the works.

Hello Jeremie,

i was looking forward to the GDC 19 update but couldn't find anything on painting across textureset. Did i missed something here: https://allegorithmic.com/blog/substance-day-gdc-2019-keynote-announcements

My current projects is really demanding on  that feature.
We need that stroke projection between the sets :(

Many thanks for continue pushing the texturing workflows in 2019.

It has ( with a huge gap) the highest Uservots https://allegorithmic.uservoice.com/forums/261284-substance-painter/filters/top

I dont see the real impact of the voting system. The announced  features are great additions , without asking, but i couldnt found that much "votes" on these new features?

We understand that this feature is big and complex and could not be compared to radial Symmetrie.
Your customers would love to hear back from you.
Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 09:04:26 pm

The voting on uservoice is only one of the factors for the priority of features, we have also plenty of private feedback from game studios, but also from other industries such as clothing design, car manufacturers, etc.

We are still hard at work on UV tiles, it's not ready yet for this upcoming release.

Im guessing this essential feature is incredibly difficult to implement and as its such an obvious need regardless of user request so must have been on the cards even before users started asking for it, so appreciate this must have many knock-on problems getting this in there.

It would be nice to hear a ETA so as to know you are even close?

Thanks, Dan

No ETA to share yet, but you can expect more news this summer.

This has been requested for years. Give us a serious ETA.

This is the kind of thing that would build some good will with your pro users after the horrible decision to join adobe.

I swear an allegorithmic rep said "summer" LAST year. Get it done.

Any updates on this? Summer is about over.

Is there a video available showing the cross texture painting in action?  I know it was shown at Siggraph, but there don't seem to be any videos available.  Makes me think this long awaited feature is still quite a ways off into the future.

This is not a criticism, as I know this feature can not be easy to implement while maintaining the realtime interaction.

It's just my most needed feature that is missing and I'm really eager to see how it's working with manual painting across textures.

Hi Gary,

Siggraph having just been last month I would imagine it will still be awhile before we see the new features. Probably a pretty nice update package on the way in the next few months.

Daf
James Baxter!