Author Topic: TDRdelay no resolution  (Read 626 times)

I am having trouble with the TDR. I have followed the guides, set the delays for both 60 and 120, as per the guide. Tried setting the TDRLevel to 0. Checked spellings, updated drivers, and rebooted on all occasions, and still no joy. Frustratingly it works fine on my MacBook Pro 2015, but I want to take advantage of the extra power on my Windows 10 with GTX980 which shouldn't have any issues in comparison. I am running an MSi gaming laptop i7-6820HK 2.7ghz, 32gb RAM, Windows 10 Home. Can anyone help me through this? Thanks:)

Do you have stability issues on your Windows machine?
Even if the TDR fix doesn't work, you may never actually experience any issues, I have never experienced any TDR crash on my GTX980 in 3 years. Just saying that you don't NEED to fix the TDR if it doesn't cause you any issue.

I am having trouble with the TDR. I have followed the guides, set the delays for both 60 and 120, as per the guide. Tried setting the TDRLevel to 0. Checked spellings, updated drivers, and rebooted on all occasions, and still no joy. Frustratingly it works fine on my MacBook Pro 2015, but I want to take advantage of the extra power on my Windows 10 with GTX980 which shouldn't have any issues in comparison. I am running an MSi gaming laptop i7-6820HK 2.7ghz, 32gb RAM, Windows 10 Home. Can anyone help me through this? Thanks:)

If you're getting a BSOD, it could be due to NVIDIA Drivers. I had to rollback to the 3xx drivers on my 1050 Ti SC 4GB as the 4xx series would trigger BSOD due to the TDR regardless of settings.

These are my settings:

No issues thankfully. :)

Sean_u2k, I believe you have a mistake in your registry entries. You are showing TdrTdiDelay and it should be TdrDdiDisplay.

Jeremie Noguer - Yes, it hangs as soon as I start creating layers.
CAGameDEV - Thank you, I shall look into this.
denders1 - Thank you, I shall try this first. Obviously I didn't check the spelling as well as I thought I did.

I'll be back to my machine later on, so fingers crossed.