Author Topic: Transfer materials from one computer to the other?  (Read 206 times)

I use substance painter at work and have created a library of materials and textures. I'd like to transfer them over and I have the files from my work computer but it seems like I have to import each image file separately and recreate the materials by hand. Is there any other way to transfer over all the materials I made without having to gather each channel by hand and save it?

I would of thought you could just copy the shelf directory where all the materials etc are.

I would of thought you could just copy the shelf directory where all the materials etc are.
Colkaih,

The shelf directory does not appear to contain any of my textures or materials. I only see the premade textures that come with the program.

Did you create a custom shelf elsewhere?  All my custom stuff sits in my shelf directory, which I've specified directly in the preferences. On my system, there is the "default" location for the shelf in the user documents directory, then one in the folder where I installed SP and one which I specified on my resources drive, which I have marked as default. All the 'normal / included' stuff sits in the folder off the install directory, but everything I have created or imported sits in my custom shelf.
Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:54:10 pm