X-TAON : Brazilian folklore dance.

Author Topic: X-TAON : Brazilian folklore dance.  (Read 3003 times)

My name is Guilherme Marconi and I work illustrating patterns 2D. I have a love for cars and decided to participate a contest with no experience with the substance. I would like to share my process until this moment, showing refs that I use, colors palette that I have chosen, pattern produced to be spotlight of the car until this moment, stencils and anothers itens I am using.

As I have "zero" experience with substance, some itens can look a little strange, I have used the tutorial available at the contest as base and other from youtube to the production until the moment, and I am available to receive some tips, criticizes and help ;-)

My refs to the contest are african culture,  brazilians cultural manifestation that usually happens in Carnaval, as  "Bumba meu Boi", "Boi Bumba" and the “Folia de Reis” that are a kind of popular brazilian folklore dance.
You can also check more about this subject with english subtittles:

Soundtrack while I worked on the project: https://open.spotify.com/album/4ZR8Vc3t6qFhgq7vQUf0e0?si=E6sogAFhRDKv8VjwmoC3eA

Draws in vector at outline:

Palette color and colored objects:

Producing the base pattern with my son, using vectors draws + processing (https://processing.org):

Final image to frontal part of the car:

Stencils created, based in the masks grafism:

Actual phase of Substance process:

Other works as illustrator:

------------------

* I would like to ask to contest staff how should I submit my sample, once I have no professsional experience with Substance or 3D stuffs. Should I submit as a professional or as a student? Ty :-)
Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 05:24:11 am

This is SOOOO good. You're doing an amazing job with these ornaments. ;)
Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 09:43:12 am

Great work on this!

can we use other softwares such as photoshop ?

pure art (Y)

* I would like to ask to contest staff how should I submit my sample, once I have no professsional experience with Substance or 3D stuffs. Should I submit as a professional or as a student? Ty :-)

I asked a similar question to the Allegorithmic team yesterday and they said that they do check if you are a current student at a school/institute/university and I *assume* that means you also need to have a valid Allegorithmic student license as well? To obtain a student license you have to upload a proof of enrollment, ID card, etc, they are quite strict about it.

"We will check the participants once the winners are chosen. If some winners in the student category are not actual students, they will be disqualified."

Dude, you are definitely going to be on top 3 on pros with that masterpiece

I asked a similar question to the Allegorithmic team yesterday and they said that they do check if you are a current student at a school/institute/university and I *assume* that means you also need to have a valid Allegorithmic student license as well? To obtain a student license you have to upload a proof of enrollment, ID card, etc, they are quite strict about it.

"We will check the participants once the winners are chosen. If some winners in the student category are not actual students, they will be disqualified."

Thanks a lot for the info. You helped a lot. :-)

Dude, you are definitely going to be on top 3 on pros with that masterpiece

Thanks man!!

pure art (Y)

Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it.

can we use other softwares such as photoshop ?

Vincent Gault(Staff) says
"We judging the creativity within Substance Painter, so if most of the art/creative process is made in another tool, we'll take this in account. We are generally OK with alpha, if it's something you can't really do within SP (ex: logo/specific fonts, etc...)"
https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,26626.15.html

;-)

This is SOOOO good. You're doing an amazing job with these ornaments. ;)

Thank you. It was a very fun process. ;-)

Great job you may have won already.

Come on, that's really PRO ,I love it!

I love your car. this is very Impressive. :)