Author Topic: X-TAON: The Art Car Texturing Contest  (Read 27972 times)

Hi,

It took more time than expected to obtain something I can be nearly happy about ; and it took to my old laptop waaay much more time than expected to render the 2 mandatory images (more than 5 hours for an "only" 2880x1620 image... pffuuu, I need a new and more powerful computer :-/ ).

Anyway, even if I am off the competion, here is my submission:

I wanted to work on something more sober/minimalistic than I am used to do, and focus on the influence of the roughness map on the look & feel.
So I decided to base my submission on paintings from the artist Soulages.

I hope some of you will like it. :-)
Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 02:10:59 pm
--
3D hobbyist in search for a job

Quick heads up to all contestants, the deliberation period has been extended by 10 days - as per twitter.

https://twitter.com/Allegorithmic/status/1085925716603138048

Any news on when the results are coming?

The judging has taken a little more time than expected because of the number of entries, but we're almost there and the results will be posted very soon!

The judging has taken a little more time than expected because of the number of entries, but we're almost there and the results will be posted very soon!

does very soon mean today or in 3 days or so?

:D Great to see the results of the texturing contest, my favourite was the duck which my first thoughts were that it was a padded car cover design until I read the Deftroy's description of the piece.

It will be good see more of the entries, looking forward to the runners up being presented. Unfortunately I wasn't an entrant maybe next time.

the inflatable is my favorite