Author Topic: Crash upon modifying material in X-TAON spp - Substance Painter 2018.3.0 2570  (Read 851 times)

I just updated my old version of Substance painter for the X-TAON contest, and whenever I try to change material properties in the given .spp file, painter crashes.

The only error I find in the log file is this: Request for 'liveUpdatedLicense' failed.

This issue does not arise if I try to open a older file - created with 2018.1.0.
If I try to open the given model from Substance share with the pbr-roughness-anisotropy template, it crashes immediately - attached is this log file.
Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 05:33:00 pm

If I try to open the model with Unity5 template, however, I can load the model. I cannot change paint any color on the model - only height - the project opens as a read-only file.

After saving the project with a different name, the project now opens normally, however, the same issues are present - no color changes - only height - are visible on either the preview material or on the model.

And finally if I then change the shader on this file to PBR metal with anisotropy, then the model turns white and nothing can be painted on the preview material or the model.

Hi there, you current issue is being handled by another person of our support team by e-mail.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.