Author Topic: "Faces" problem  (Read 359 times)

Hello guys, i got a wierd issue with a small project.

in a short term.. i am a new to all of it and still trying to learn what i did wrong and what i have to change...

I got a wierd "bug" on a part of a model i am trying to texture, don't know how to properly explain that problem so simply i will share it down here

Thing is, AO and Normal which i got baked earlier - not in SP - doesn't have such a problem, my friend told me it could be a problem with a smoothing group or a uv itself but i checked it over Max and this rail have no problems related to UV :s

Could you lads help me or at least could explain me what i did wrong there?

What you see in the 2d view is likely the result of mirrored UVs. I guess you mirrored both sides of the railing to save on UV space. Since the 2D view is trying to dispaly the lighting on the material, and you have both faces on top of each tother, it's displaying the part in the light and the part in the shadow at the same time, creating that polygon "fight".
I guess you don't see these issues on the exported texture?

What you see in the 2d view is likely the result of mirrored UVs. I guess you mirrored both sides of the railing to save on UV space. Since the 2D view is trying to dispaly the lighting on the material, and you have both faces on top of each tother, it's displaying the part in the light and the part in the shadow at the same time, creating that polygon "fight".
I guess you don't see these issues on the exported texture?

i don't, thats true.............. unless i want to try the latest "2D View" export