Author Topic: About Educational Licenses  (Read 213 times)

Hello there!

This is my first post on the forum. I discovered Substance a while ago, and I was thinking of finally giving it a shot. As I would only use it for personal and formative projects, never meant to serve a commercial purpose, I thought I could use the Educational Licenses. But now that I've tried to download them, I see I can't if a do not study in an "official" institution (actually, the register requires you to enter a university name specifically).

As 3D is not my "official" education (yet), do I have any other option to use Substance? Is there any specific license to self-taught students? I think it would be weird if not, given that the community is predominantly self-taught these days.

Thank you,
Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 09:26:56 pm


The Student licenses are for people studying in an official institution, but this doesn't need to be about 3d.
If however you are not officially a student, then the Student license is not for you, and you should go with the Indie license at $19.9 per month.

Director of Product Management & COO

Thanks for the info :).