Author Topic: X-TAON: The Art Car Texturing Contest  (Read 19221 times)

The first steps:

Choosing a Base Material:

Creating my Material Design:

Stamping the Basic Design:

Almost Everything Done with Masks and Stencils:

Final View:

Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 04:52:34 am

1) I am in NZ, so just to confirm, 11:59 PST Tuesday is going to be around 9pm on Wednesday for me?

I live in Australia and it would be 7pm local time for me. I would assume 9pm would be correct for NZ but try to complete everything a few hours before hand.

Hello, good afternoon,

First of all, thank you for this initiative. I have two questions about my car, in one of the rules you say that you can not add mesh and sculpt. Would my car with its normals be sculpted? All normals are made within Substance using different effects and alphas.

The other doubt when you look at Front three-quarters view is free or what you have in the model's cameras?

Mi car:

Thanks

Does anyone know if the process of normals I have performed is acted on in the rules?

Thanks

I know the logo question has been answered, but to clarify:
Are Public logos such as FBI, NASA or National flags allowed? Y/N?
Are the logos for the sponsors and substance allowed? Y/N

anyone know how to get free upgrade of sketchfab pro for the contest? i have free accounts from years ago and not activelly use, now i cannot upload my model because its more than 50mb

What exactly is a "Camera angle: Front three-quarters view" from the contest rules?  https://www.allegorithmic.com/blog/x-taon-art-car-texturing-contest#Dates%20&%20Submission  I read a bit about it but I am not clear.
matthew grimaldi architect

What exactly is a "Camera angle: Front three-quarters view" from the contest rules?  https://www.allegorithmic.com/blog/x-taon-art-car-texturing-contest#Dates%20&%20Submission  I read a bit about it but I am not clear.

Within the Substance Painter viewer there are several default camera positions. Down at the bottom of that list are the two mandatory views. The front and rear 3-Qtr view. The default camera list is at the top right corner of the viewer.   I hope this helps.

found it!  the 3 qtr view.  another question?  is the third manatory screen-shot just a ctrl-alt-print screen and paste?  I did not find a control to take a snapshot in Painter.  Thanks!
Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 08:13:47 pm
matthew grimaldi architect

found it!  the 3 qtr view.  another question?  is the third manatory screen-shot just a ctrl-alt-print screen and paste?  I did not find a control to take a snapshot in Painter.  Thanks!
yes.

I know the logo question has been answered, but to clarify:
Are Public logos such as FBI, NASA or National flags allowed? Y/N?
Are the logos for the sponsors and substance allowed? Y/N
Only logos allowed are from Substance and the sponsors.

Does anyone know if the process of normals I have performed is acted on in the rules?

Thanks
Yes painted normal and height details are allowed.

Hi all, hope I did not miss the deadline with all the time difference. Either way I enjoyed taking part in this and totally love the awesome entries by others!!

https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=27030.msg104774#msg104774

"Additional images

You can upload other renders including close-ups on the submission form. If you have several renders, don’t limit yourself – just post a .zip!
...."
In this section of additional images, is it possible to include renders of other designs made different from the one presented? Or just different renders of the same design?
Thank you

Not sure if this was answered here or not but do we have to overlay the watermarks on the submitted images?

[img

Last moment entry.  wish I had more time... started yesterday :(
Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 09:26:55 am