Author Topic: X-TAON: The Art Car Texturing Contest  (Read 23772 times)

Yes, you should be fine.

Yes, you should be fine.

Can anyone tell how to wrap image in UV viewport ?

hello there,

are we allowed to change shaders for texture-sets?

there is "pbr-coated" choosen for everything, exept for the glass - texture set.
I was thinking about making some more transparent/glass parts, but it´s not working with "pbr-coated" shader.

so i need to switch to "pbr-opacity" - but is this confom to the rules?

cheers!

Good luck all, some great progress so far. I started by examining the model shapes to see what design might work best. It was also my first time using the integrated Substance plugin in UE4  and it's awesome! Getting the Substance Source free materials in one click from the editor is sweet.

Best of luck and have fun - 8 days left!

Had a quick question, are we allowed to change the 'clear colour' for the Dome in iray? We can freely rotate the environment lighting as well right?

Can we convert sponsor logos into monochrome? For example the Nvidia logo which is green turned into grey so that it doesn't ruined the look of the art which may not have green elements.

can i use my own drawings? Can I use Adobe Illustrator to discard a drawing and convert it to vector?

can i use my own drawings? Can I use Adobe Illustrator to discard a drawing and convert it to vector?
Yes of course.

Had a quick question, are we allowed to change the 'clear colour' for the Dome in iray? We can freely rotate the environment lighting as well right?
I would say you can yes.

Can we convert sponsor logos into monochrome? For example the Nvidia logo which is green turned into grey so that it doesn't ruined the look of the art which may not have green elements.
Yes.

Yes.

Hi Jeremie,

I asked the same question to Allegorithmic support and said that we should not modify the colours of the sponsor in any way. Can we please get an official answer to this question. Thanks! :)

May I able to use parameters in I I-ray like changing bg + adding reflection to ground + post process effects and add some post work in Ps?

(SOLVED) Hello,

I have an issue with Iray since the last update:

For some reason some of areas turns to flat white color. This only happens while I'm in rendering mode. Can anyone help me?

Edit: Finally I've solved it by removing a smart mask and applying it again by ctr+Z.
Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 05:21:32 pm

Hi guys!
I have a question. For the final renders, do they have to be with the camera presets? I don't remember the name right now, but something like 3/4 front and rear? Or can I choose the camera angle as long as it is 3/4 from front and rear? Didn't find anything on the rules about it.

Thank you!

I want to render 01_3QuarterFront Camera. And I want to use a bit DOF with low aperture, because everytime I push the restore Camera button, the aperture will turn to zero. Is it allowed for the entry?

greetings
Edward

Hi everybody, Does the Iray renderer window inside of Substance Painter support height maps? I can't get mine to work. I made some Louvres for the back windshield and they look flat on the renderer but have height in the painting viewer,

Thanks!
SebastianGXMZ

Hello, I am a student and I plan on entering my submission in the student entry part of this contest, but the rules state that you may only submit one submission per artist in a single category, so does that mean I cannot also enter my submission in the pro category and see how i turnout there? The wording of this rule is a bit confusing.
Thanks,

Shane  :o