Author Topic: X-TAON: The Art Car Texturing Contest  (Read 23924 times)

Hi everyone. My question is. What the difference Pro and Student category?
Can i use 30-day free trial version of substance painter?
Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 09:02:14 am

What the difference Pro and Student category?
Can i use 30-day free trial version of substance painter?

Yes you can use the trial version, no problem!
A student has to be currently registered in a school or university. A student card or certificate may be asked for authentication.
PO @ Allegorithmic

My Current WIP

Its a my first challenge

Not sure if someone has asked this but, how do you set up the rim material to the wheel?

The video tutorial for the contest doesn't apply the material to the rims.

Can someone help me with a little challenge here that i have.
I have a black mask on a Fill layer. I've added some filters to the mask ( warp, levels, highpass, blurr etc..). when i replace the mask(from another fill layer, which share the same mask) i lose all the filters except blur.
is there some workaround regarding this?

I've attached a photo.
I want to transfer "BASE" mask onto "HIGH_PASS" mask, and "dirt" aswell without losing the filters

thanks

Not sure if someone has asked this but, how do you set up the rim material to the wheel?

This rim material is made for flat rims, in this case it won't work, you should use fill or paint layers and create a custom rim material.

Can someone help me with a little challenge here that i have.
I have a black mask on a Fill layer. I've added some filters to the mask ( warp, levels, highpass, blurr etc..). when i replace the mask(from another fill layer, which share the same mask) i lose all the filters except blur.
is there some workaround regarding this?

I've attached a photo.
I want to transfer "BASE" mask onto "HIGH_PASS" mask, and "dirt" aswell without losing the filters

thanks
You can use Anchor points.
Add an Anchor point effect on your Base mask stack, then go onto your other masks, add a Fill effect, and in the fill slot, select the Anchor Point tab, you should see your mask there.
More details here: https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/spdoc/anchor-point-159452735.html

Hello Jeremie,I have a question.
I have rendered the image in Iray but I wanted to add some post effect in Aftereffects or photoshop,can I use this softwares to add post effect into my rendered image.

Hello Jeremie,I have a question.
I have rendered the image in Iray but I wanted to add some post effect in Aftereffects or photoshop,can I use this softwares to add post effect into my rendered image.
You can do that in one of the optional renders

Hello everybody.
I'm trying to upload my car to Sketchfab and i dont have the pro account but there is this "Any new Substance Painter users on Sketchfab will automatically receive 3 months of Sketchfab PRO! Tag your entry on Sketchfab with #XTAONartcarcontest to be featured in the contest gallery." And my question is: Supposedly it was to be automatic but I still do not have the pro account and I can not upload the model what should I do?

Thanks for your help.

This is my first texture challenge. My currently base layer WIP - textures are set at 1k for these renders.

Why is the Aluminium Rim Xtaon SBSAR not available on the site for use?  The system keeps telling me I dont have credits... ? I thought this was material for the competition as per the video?

-Alberto

Only these materials are available for free for the contest: https://source.allegorithmic.com/assets?tag=XTAONartcarcontest

:P Excited to be doing a challenge such as this... haven't played with substance P in years, so its good to see all the new features and improvements across the board..

Here is my first of many posts and the start of my entry  :P

Good morning guys,

I have a question. I finished my studies on june 2018, but I am still not graduated since I finished my mandatory hours working as an intern in November 18 too and the school is doing all the paperwork still. Can I enter the contest as a student or do I have to go for Pro?
Thanks.