Author Topic: Substance Painter stretches UV on import of .fbx  (Read 1404 times)

Up top you can see the UV map this barrel has got on Blender. On the bottom you can see how it looks when imported to Substance Painter. Is there any way to fix this?

I'm using Version 2018 3.0, Build 2571.

Can you provide the FBX file? Could be because your uvs are outside of their 0 to 1 space.

I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

Can you provide the FBX file?

Sure thing, there it goes as exported from blender. Thanks.

Could be because your uvs are outside of their 0 to 1 space.

Oh, I'd really enjoy a 5-year-old appropriate explanation on this. I'm really new to texturing.

EDIT:
So I just imported the very same .fbx to blender just to check, and yep, it shows me the stretched UV map, same as the one in Substance Painter.  ???
Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 09:41:58 pm

Something must've went wrong, or your UVs were indeed outside of the 0-1 space.

When I load it:

Then you just need to resize it:

I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

Yep, that did it. Now working in substance with the correct UV map. Thanks a lot.

You want non-square textures, which you can define in the Texture Set Settings (you can use a non-square resolution). However the 2D view will always show the non-square resolution as square. That's a bug we didn't fix yet.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.