Author Topic: Did I understand the Black Friday Deal correctly ?  (Read 1750 times)

I've got some previous Substance Indie licenses in my account, one of them perpetual (but no active maintenance).

If I decide to upgrade my Substance Indie License, and plan to pay for 12 consecutive months + 49 US$ to get another perpetual license at the end (for the then current version(s) ), this would cost me:

6 x 9.95   (month #1 to #6)
6 x 19.95 (month #7 to #12)
1 x 49      (to get a perpetual Substance Indie license directly after the 12 months period)
-------------
= 228.40 US$

Using the Black-Friday Deal, I can get Substance Indie and one year of maintenance for 159 US$.
At the end of that year, I have to pay another 49 US$ in order get the then actual version(s) of Substance Indie
as a perpetual license. This would cost me:
1 x 159    (one year of Substance Indie Maintenance - including Substance Source allowances)
1 x 49      (to get a perpetual Substance Indie license directly after the one year period)
-------------
= 208 US$

So, the Black Friday Deal would come 20.40 US$ cheaper in this scenario than the subscription upgrade scenario above.

=> But is this correct ?  ???
Is it possible to upgrade the Substance one year maintenance from the Black Friday Deal to a perpetual license for the
then actual Substance Indie version(s) by paying another 49 US$ ??

=> Can someone from Allegorithmic please confirm that the second scenario (upgrading 1 year maintenance by paying 49US$ at the end to get a perpetual license) is possible & allowed ?
Or just confirm that this is wrong and not possible  ;) ?

Thanks & Cheers  :)

Thats something i also dont understand... I have a older license and no current plan active, now im getting the option "Upgrade to Substance Designer - Indie License (from SD5)" for 50 USD. Is this a update just for Substance Designer or for the whole pack ? and for how long is the license valid ?

Yes, you both got it right!

The Black Friday deal is cheaper than the standard upgrade offer with 6 months at half price (which has been available for a while and is not tied to a specific sales event).

As for individual upgrades, that's $50 per tool instead of the standard $75 and that gives you 12 months of free updates.

Hi Jeremie - thanks for your reply.

Does this also mean that I can buy Substance Indie (incl. 1 year maintenance) now with the Black Friday deal for 159 US$
and then pay an additional 49 US$ to upgrade this to a perpetual license (which will be perpetuating the versions of Substance Indie being actual in 12 months) ?

Can you please state if this is possible / allowed or not ?

Thanks  :)

Yes it's possible.

I would however suggest you to wait the end of the 12 months before doing so: when you pay the $49 you have to cancel your subscription, meaning if we release something in the meantime you wouldn't necessary get access to it.

Cheers,
Head of Product Management