Author Topic: Atlantis runs like hell on UE4 !!!  (Read 3398 times)

Greetings, I downloaded the executable demo you provided on your site of Atlantis, it runs very smooth without any hurdle but when I downloaded Gynoid and Atlantis from MarketPlace I ot different results. Gynoid runs very slowly on my PC whereas Atlantis (Editor version) makes wait a loooooooooooong time while the PC stays stuck and when the editor opens my PC almost dies , in taks manager I noticed that it uses more than 4400 MB of RAM and my PC has 8GB of RAM with teh OS running it reaches the limit and I can't run the editor version of ATlantis while I cna run any UE4 game, any UE4 demo and cna run Atlantis demo provided in your site. Can you please updte it and make it more optimized to run? Thanks.

PS: please don't tell me to lower the quality because I can run any demo at Epic quality with no hurdle and I can't lwoer the quality for Atlantis since the editor is stuck when running and I can't do anything since my PC is overheating. Thanks.

Hi Fsalabedhabt,

One of the issues we are looking into is memory consumption. Also, an editor version of a project will typically use more resources than a packaged build.

Hi Fsalabedhabt,

One of the issues we are looking into is memory consumption. Also, an editor version of a project will typically use more resources than a packaged build.

Yeah I know, but I never got any trouble running any editor version of any demo even the most demanding demo aka Elemental. Please optimize it more to make it playable and usable. Thanks alot.

The great thing about substance is that you can lower the texture size if you want. By default we wanted to get the best image quality. Also, when you open first a project, sometimes the engine recompile the shaders which might be why the project is slow to open on your computer the first time.

While a lot of demo can run smoothly on your computer, not all of them always use all the resources available. Even for Elemental. For Atlantis we wanted the best visual quality possible even if we tried to optimize the best we could. This is an high-end demo which therefore require a solid computer.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.