Author Topic: Match By Mesh Name Issues  (Read 1183 times)

Hey guys so i've been having an issue with this for a very long time to be honest, some times it works some times it does not work. I have the mesh by name selected, and inside of my fbx I have each piece named correctly. It seems as if substance is still just ignoring this and baking and i am getting some really bad artifact, also another small issue, when exporting my FBX from Maya, upon importing to substance, it seems it is not keeping my smoothing groups.

I've attached pictures of my naming set up in Maya and my prefix set up in substance, plus an error im getting.

Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 02:30:28 am

'Suffix' means that you need to attach it at the END of the object names.

You would have to name your objects e.g. 'Blade_HP_' if you want this to work correctly.
Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 02:14:35 pm

'Suffix' means that you need to attach it at the END of the object names.

You would have to name your objects e.g. 'Blade_HP_' if you want this to work correctly.

I never realized it said Suffix wow haha thanks! Any idea on the soft edges though? When importing into substance it isn't reading my hard edges on my blade, UE4 reads them fine but for some reason substance does not.

I'm not sure about soothing groups in Maya. Is there a vertex normal map on the mesh?