Author Topic: Having a japanese character at any point in the project directory breaks asset  (Read 479 times)

We used source control to push substance source onto my programmers PC which he kept the directly in a folder with a japanese character in it.

This caused substance source not to work at all until we moved the project folder to a directory with no japanese characters involved.

For examples

C:/user/me/work/(japanese character)Soft/projectname/

Will break the asset.

Everything had broken entirely, textures did not load, substance source would not open and the substance node in amplify shader also did not work.

We used source control to push substance source onto my programmers PC which he kept the directly in a folder with a japanese character in it.

This caused substance source not to work at all until we moved the project folder to a directory with no japanese characters involved.

For examples

C:/user/me/work/(japanese character)Soft/projectname/

Will break the asset.

Everything had broken entirely, textures did not load, substance source would not open and the substance node in amplify shader also did not work.

Hey @sacb0y ,

Any non-Latin characters in the path will break the Substance plugin currently. Sorry for the inconvenience! We have a ticket in for this issue and hope to have it fixed soon.
Integrations QA Analyst