Author Topic: Find Variable usage  (Read 347 times)

Excuse me if there's an obvious answer to this.
If I have a graph input parameter variable which is tied to several node actions within the graph, is there any way I can find a list of all those items tied to it?
So say, it is linked to a couple of opacity values in blends and slider positions on other nodes, apart from manually going through each and every node, clicking and showing if the exposed value is indeed ties to that value, is there a more "friendly" way of finding that information out?

Yes! I only recently found out about this myself, despite being reasonably easy to find, but if you click the little looking glass (or hit ctrl+f) there is a dropdown where you can select any input parameter, and it fades out all nodes that don't reference it.
Esger van der Post.
Texturing addict.

sweet, cheers for that! :-)

Yes! I only recently found out about this myself, despite being reasonably easy to find, but if you click the little looking glass (or hit ctrl+f) there is a dropdown where you can select any input parameter, and it fades out all nodes that don't reference it.

Damn. I didn't know you could look for custom strings
Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 03:34:09 pm

I know right? I feel like it must be relatively new, since I've had trouble finding references back many times, and only found out about this feature about a month ago.
Esger van der Post.
Texturing addict.