Author Topic: Unwanted color information on import  (Read 928 times)

Hello,

i just created a new document and imported my mesh fbx file with no materials assigned from cinema 4d. Substance Painter went ahead and assigned a material to a specific uv island (the same on every time i tried) which does not appear anywhere in my layers. Even if i assign a new material onto that it blends the colors.
But when i export the texture maps it does not appear anywhere.
How can i fix this bug, it makes it basically impossible to see any changes i make on the material i want to apply, because substance keeps blending my material with this preassigned color information.
Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 11:11:42 am

Substance Painter applies lighting in the 3D and 2D View. The color that you see are the result of the shading applied when you are in Material mode. If you don't like it, you can switch to a solo mode (like you did to view your BaseColor channel) or change the environment map in the Display Settings to something more neutral.
Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:33:44 pm
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

yes, i just realised that..
thank you for replying