Author Topic: Dell active pen not working with painter  (Read 1896 times)

Hi

I'm having the strangest issue with substance painter and hope some one can shed some light over this.

I just bought the dell xps 2-1 15" computer (9575) with pen support. I use it for Zbrush, Krita, Blender, etc... with the pen and so far everything works great .

However I cannot use the pen to draw or navigate with substance painter. I can use the pen with the menus, brushes, shelf and everything else, just not the viewport. It doesn't register the pen on the main 2d/3d viewport.

Moreover, If I click the mouse once it suddenly register the next pen stroke but behaves like the pen never leaves the screen and only release the stroke when I click on the mouse again.

I tried installing all the Wacom/Dell/Windows drivers you can think of but nothing solves the problem.

All other software works pretty good with the pen so far.

please help!

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hey Badanos,

I have the same issue on my 9575 too. I am also having the issue where I want to assign like I do my Wacom the two barrel buttons to Middle and right click inputs so I can easily navigate and am having that issue getting those inputs in the dell supplied pen app. Any help on what you have for inputs and set-up? Additionally what wacom drivers did you use?

Also for Allegorithmic I have tried both in MPP 1.51 and Wacom AES mode for my Dell Premium Active Pen (PN579X). Exact same way of interacting with Substance as Badanos tried. Great pressure and support in Windows OneNote and other apps, not so much in Substance. Please help this is really the only reason I bought this laptop for power + great pen. Way less useful now.

The first step for getting help is to attach a log file to your post/message. :)
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.