Author Topic: Upgrade License to perpetual - how it work?  (Read 3020 times)

1. What mean " perpetual " license upgrade? Is it mean full license with access to all updates endless? Or just until next " Major product upgrade "? Or it mean - get endless license for current version of software but no more updates? Sorry but for me this just one word perpetual not completely clear.
2. Here it is said that " When you are subscribed for more than 12 months consecutively, when you cancel you get the option to purchase a perpetual license of all the software for $49. "
For today I already have 12 payments.

But my " Upgrade " page in License tab is empty. Is this part " ...  for more than 12 months consecutively ... " mean exactly literally that i have to pay 13 times to get access to perpetual license upgrade? Or its all because this part " ... months consecutively,  ... " mean exactly literally that i have to pay 12 payments without pause subscription? So if I lost some monthly payment i have to start count my payments from the beginning and because of this my " Upgrade " button go to empty page?

Can someone from Allegorithmic staff explain how it work?
Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:02:05 pm

Yes, you need 12 consecutive payments. In your case, since you stopped your subscription in September and October 2017,. the count reset and you will need 12 months starting November 2017.

The perpetual license you can get after these 12 months mean that you will keep the last version available at that point.

If in November2018, the latest version of Substance Painter is 2018.3.x, you will have access to this version forever, but you won't get any new updates unless you start the subscription again or you buy a maintenance for Substance Painter, which will give you access to 12 m ore months of updates.

Hello,
I had the same questions plus these:
If
(...) If in November2018, the latest version of Substance Painter is 2018.3.x, you will have access to this version forever, but you won't get any new updates unless you start the subscription again or you buy a maintenance for Substance Painter, which will give you access to 12 m ore months of updates.

-What if he start the subscription again. Will he need to pay 12 consecutively months again in order to go perpetual again? Will he need to pay again the fee to go perpetual?

-If I buy the bundle available on Steam, once the license expires; Will i still be able to use my software for commercial purpose? Does it only affect the maintenance or does it affect the rights i acquired when buying that license in any other way?
+Let's say that the 1 year license expires and I subscribe, will i have to pay a 12 month subscription in order to be able to go perpetual again? Will i need to pay the perpetual fee again?

Thanks in advance
Zlatenin

Once you get a perpetual license, you can either restart a sub again anytime and after 12 months pay the $49 to get all the perpetual licenses again, or you can also purchase a 12 month maintenance plan (12 months of free udpates) for $75/software.

If you buy on Steam, the license is perpetual, so even if you stop getting updates after a year, the license stays the same and you can use it forever.

So in that case you'll be paying twice for the same upgrade. It should be free once you've already paid a new 12 consecutive months subscription.
About the "maintenance plan". If I pay for a service, nothing included in the service is free but paid. That plan seems that can be a good option for those using one or two pieces of software and not the whole pack.

Thank you Jeremie Noguer for answering to my questions.
Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 12:11:18 pm
Zlatenin

So now I have 12 month of subscription but button " UPGRADE LICENSES " still go to no where...

The only option as I guess is this " Cancel subscription and get a license ".

Is this what I need to press to upgrade license to perpetual? Or maybe I miss something?
Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 08:10:14 am

Yes. You will then be prompted when you cancel with a pop-up asking you if you wanna pay $49 to purchase a perpetual license.

Cheers,
Head of Product Management