Author Topic: Designer and Graphics Card?  (Read 881 times)

Hello everyone,

This has been bugging me a little now. I am working in Designer 5.6,for the moment.

When I launch it and even just begin to do some simple things on an empty graph to affect simple box, I can hear my PC working quite a bit. I'm guessing it is the graphics card because when I open the performance window,  I don't see much CPU usage.

But I can't hear a fan working hard enough.

Any idea what is up here?

Thanks,

Paul

Indeed we are using the GPU :)

Indeed we are using the GPU :)

So this is normal and nothing to worry about?

A good while back, I do remember seeing something in relation to editing some registry files, but I am nearly sure this was for Painter.

Does Designer have a similar thing that needs to be altered?

Hi,

Yes, those instructions are for Painter and are relative to the TDR delay of the graphic card.
On Designer you don't really need to modify this except if you work on very heavy projects and you have lot of crashes due to a failure of your graphic card's driver.

So yes, Designer uses the graphic card as much as it can but you don't need to modify anything if you don't have crashes.
QA Analyst

Hi,

Yes, those instructions are for Painter and are relative to the TDR delay of the graphic card.
On Designer you don't really need to modify this except if you work on very heavy projects and you have lot of crashes due to a failure of your graphic card's driver.

So yes, Designer uses the graphic card as much as it can but you don't need to modify anything if you don't have crashes.

Thanks for the reply Celine. That is good to know, cheers.