Author Topic: Sustance Plugin crash and close Modo 12.1V2  (Read 811 times)

Hi, I have problem with the substance plugin in Modo, it crashes as soon as I click on "Create Substance" in Modo 12.1V2. Stangely I dont have the problem under Modo 11.2V1.

The menu is different too look at the screen cap :

Modo 12

Modo 11

Any idea ?

Franck

Ok I found the problem, the plug in is active 2 times V2.7 and V2.6, and using the V2.7 in Modo 12 make it crash if the V2.6 is still active. After inactivate it, no more crash.

Ok I found the problem, the plug in is active 2 times V2.7 and V2.6, and using the V2.7 in Modo 12 make it crash if the V2.6 is still active. After inactivate it, no more crash.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue and the solution : ) Glad you have it working now.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi there,

I installed the Substance_Modo-2.7.0+12.0-53-multi-x64.lpk for Modo12.1v2_Windows and Ever time I launch modo the system freezes completely. So I can no longer use modo. I reinstalled modo etc. Looked to disable the plugin manualy but couldn't find a reference to it.

As suggested above, i look for The .....\AppData\Roaming\Luxology\Configs folder, but it is empty.

Any other suggestions?

thnx

sven

Hi @Pow3DDesign ,

The plugin is no longer installed in AppData\Roaming\Luxology, Modo has switched where it installs kits to outside the Luxology folder, and now the plugin is installed wherever Modo places LPKs, not where we used to manually install it. If I remember right, there should be something like a kits folder straight in the AppData\Roaming folder that it ends up installing them to.

Best,
Galen Helfter
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya 2.0, 3ds Max & Modo
galen.helfter@allegorithmic.com