Author Topic: Download error (see error message in post)  (Read 842 times)

I just updated to the latest version of painter and each time I try to download (inside painter, not an external browser) I get this error: [Script] file:///D:/Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/plugins/substance-source-plugin-1.0.3/substance-source.js:1: TypeError: Type error
And the download does not start It gets stuck in 0%
And if I keep on "downloading" more substances painter crashes.
I don't know if it has to do with installing (previous to the update) the updated source plugin manually (as recommended on this forum) since I wasn't able to download anymore with the old version of painter I had installed.

I can download using a browser, already tried that, but it's not as streamlined and quick of a process as doing it inside painter! :(
Any ideas?

What version of Substance Painter are you using?

Thanks for the reply, Jeremie. I was using an old 2017 version then I upgraded a couple of days ago to the latest (I exchanged to perpetual license). So I'm using now painter 2018.2.3.

I tried deleting (moving to another location, actually) the manually installed plugin folder, since I noticed I had two folders, one called substance-source and another one called substance-source-plugin-1.0.3 (the manually installed one)
And after that, it seemed to be completely uninstalled (even though I had what looked like an exact copy of the moved folder but named only substance-source.) So I copied the contents of the folder named substance-source-plugin-1.0.3 to the folder named substance-source. And since I now have only one folder it seems to work without getting the script error. At least it starts downloading some files. But every now and then I get errors for some of them. For example, I was trying an hour ago and the status message stated something like: 9 substances downloaded, 62 failed. They get the "owned" message but don't get downloaded.
Any ideas?
Another unrelated question. After exchanging my subscription to a perpetual license, if I need to download some extra substance source files can I subscribe for a month or two and still have my perpetual license while being able to download some extra files?

Hi @Polygon_Tamer

How is your internet connection usually? Would it be possible that the problem might be coming from there?
We are looking for alternative answers and solutions.

After exchanging my subscription to a perpetual license, if I need to download some extra substance source files can I subscribe for a month or two and still have my perpetual license while being able to download some extra files?

Yes you can!
However please make sure you take a regular subscription  (https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy ) and do not upgrade from your perpetual licence.
PO @ Allegorithmic

My connection is usually stable, but it does get funky at times. Though I doubt that could be the problem since I tried downloading via the web browser (chrome) and had no error whatsoever! Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall altogether, just to make sure the previous manual installation didn't mess something up?

And thanks a lot for your answer about the subscription I should be getting from now on, so I don't kill my perpetual license by error!
:) 

I have to say you guys at allegorithmic are by far the fastest and most helpful support I've communicated with since my experience with "Softimage Creative Environment" back in the day!

Much appreciated Marion and Jeremie!

Thanks @Polygon_Tamer , that's nice to hear!  :)

Regarding your problem desinstalling, making sure all the plugin folders from the previous versions are gone and reinstalling should indeed fix it.
Please let us know if it does not!
PO @ Allegorithmic

I uninstalled and reinstalled painter and so far it seems to be working again without any glitches! Thanks again for your fast responses, Jeremie and Marion!

Great!
Please let us know if you run into any more problems.
PO @ Allegorithmic