Author Topic: Unity Substance package: Can't change Load behaviour.  (Read 1471 times)

Hello,

I am trying to change the load behaviour of my substances so that the textures are generated on the launch of the build. Problem is in the substance graph settings the load behaviour tab can't be changed, it's stuck on do nothing.
I also tried changing the index in the meta file but unity didn't like it.
How can I change the behaviour?

In your documentation it reads: "For the 2018.1.0 release, you can't change the load behavior and the default state is set to Build Asynchronous on Load. "
I am on unity 2018.2.2f1, should it even work?
What does Asynchronous on Load mean exactly?

I'm using unity 2018.2.2f1 and updated the substance package today.

Thank you for your time

In your documentation it reads: "For the 2018.1.0 release, you can't change the load behavior and the default state is set to Build Asynchronous on Load. "

I'm guessing you are talking about this page in the documentation? That page is actually incorrect. The default setting for "Load Behavior" is "Do Nothing". As of version 2.0.2 the load behavior value cannot be adjusted, so if you want to build these textures on load, you'll have to write a script to make the appropriate calls to manually queue the target substance graphs for rendering.

As for what "Asynchronous on Load" means, any substances that would generate would do so over time, instead of causing the game to freeze while it generates textures.

Hi,

I'm very sorry for the confusion in this. I have updated the documentation page. Currently we have not yet implemented the Load Behaviors. This will change from the 2017 plugin as we have a new scripted object and will handle things a bit differently. As of the 2.1 release, we are baking. The textures are generated on import. It's works similar to the old plugin's "Bake and Keep" option.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja