Author Topic: stencil/projection opacity setting is lost when they are being manipulated  (Read 6081 times)

Hello,
I noticed that the opacity setting on the stencil/projection is being ignored when they are being moved around (with the "S" key). It is hard to position the stencil in the desired location over the geometry when they are 90% opaque and you cannot really see the geometry behind it. Is it possible for the stencil opacity setting that is set in the "Viewport Settings" be retained even when the stencil is being manipulated?
I am using version 2018.2.1
Thank you

Right now it's by design. So I'm moving this thread in the feature request section as it could be a good suggestion.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Please make transparency for project stencil PLEASE!!! :'( :'( :'(

Hi all. This is an issue for me as well, it is quite hard to see my geo through the stencil when moving it around. It would be great to be able to choose the opacity when moving the projection stencil as well.

Is there a work around while waiting for this to get fixed?

Bump.

Is there a workaround or option to be able to see the mesh when manipulating the stencil? Having the entire screen blacked doesn't help when trying to align it? Very strange default functionality idea; it should be at 60% at least. Or even an option to control it..... :).