Author Topic: How to set up export paths as relative?  (Read 975 times)

Im having trouble figuring out how to set up export paths as relative on a template I created. For our project I would like all of the artists to start with the template. The export bitmap paths I put in are showing as absolute to my directory structure: D:\Projects\<project name>\virtual_environment\Assets\Textures, etc. But I want it to show as relative to the project, so something like: ..\Assets\Textures

The documentation wasn't too clear on this. I set up a project file in preferences - projects, but that didn't really seem to help anything. Along the same lines, Im not really sure how to switch projects. I have several, fortunately the recent one I made has a green check next to it, but I doesn't look like I can check / or change to any other one.

How do I go about changing the paths in my template so the exported bitmaps go to the correct location regardless of each artists directory structure?

Any help with this?

I really would like to know how this works as well.

I've tried to use an alias like e.g. $(PROJECT_DIR)://myFolder or $(PROJECT_DIR)/myFolder but nothing seems to work.

In the console you can see this error:
[ERR][1096][ExportFromGraph]Fail to export paths:<br>C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Substance Designer/$(PROJECT_DIR):/myFolder/somefile.png

I really would like to know how this works as well.

I've tried to use an alias like e.g. $(PROJECT_DIR)://myFolder or $(PROJECT_DIR)/myFolder but nothing seems to work.

In the console you can see this error:
[ERR][1096][ExportFromGraph]Fail to export paths:<br>C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Substance Designer/$(PROJECT_DIR):/myFolder/somefile.png

Hey, do you mind creating a new post? this one is almost 3 years old :)