Author Topic: Texture sets missing in Substance Painter using LiveLink and Unreal  (Read 849 times)

Hello! I'm using Unreal Engine with Substance Painter by the LiveLink plugin.
It's really cool, but I got a big problem.

The texture sets are missing during the import. I can only see one texture.
But, importing the same without the LiveLink workflow it's fine, all texture sets are there.
For each missing texture, the error log says in red : [Viewer settings] The material 'MyMaterial' can't be found in the project.
Actually this is not true because in the same folder I got all my materials and even the mesh in Unreal is set to use them.
Could you please help me to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance!

I'm having the same problem with Unity even. I created all materials but it's still only showing one material in Substance Painter when I link it with unity.

Hello! I'm using Unreal Engine with Substance Painter by the LiveLink plugin.
It's really cool, but I got a big problem.

The texture sets are missing during the import. I can only see one texture.
But, importing the same without the LiveLink workflow it's fine, all texture sets are there.
For each missing texture, the error log says in red : [Viewer settings] The material 'MyMaterial' can't be found in the project.
Actually this is not true because in the same folder I got all my materials and even the mesh in Unreal is set to use them.
Could you please help me to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance!

Hey @Napulion ,

What version of Unreal and Substance Painter are you using? I think I have seen this issue before. Did you happen to apply any materials that were created in Unreal (as in, not by the import of the mesh) to the mesh and then send it?
Integrations QA Analyst

I'm having the same problem with Unity even. I created all materials but it's still only showing one material in Substance Painter when I link it with unity.

Hey @Filip cz 0 ,

The Unity LiveLink plugin is extremely old and hasn't been updated since it was on Substance Share. There are a number of known issues, the major one being that it currently does not support multiple materials on a mesh. We want to fix these issues, but the stability of the plugin has taken priority over LiveLink for the time being. Apologies for the inconvenience. :(
Integrations QA Analyst