Author Topic: Brush stroke snap on center of the uv.  (Read 6390 times)

Hi there, i'm having a problem with substance painter, when i try to paint a mask directly on the uv's view, the brush stroke snap at the center of uv space and i can't move it until it reach the other view (the 3d one) or the mouse goes on the layers stacks. This after the very last update.
Thank you for any answer.

It's like i solved it by unchecking preserve stroke on mesh, but it crashes often, and the uv space looks very big, like my actual uv's island is really small.

Screen of the issue.

Hi,

Can you send a log file please ? ( https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/spdoc/exporting-the-log-file-128745475.html)

Can you share me the mesh please ? (as .fbx or as .obj)

Cheers,

Ludovic

I can't send the mesh, because it's for a job, i know the reasons of the crashes, it's about the hair/beard mesh which have a lot of meshes, but it crush only if i select their material with uv's view opened.
The problem it's why i visualize the uv's in that way.
I take the log file from the folder in appdata. I have not the export log option under help popup, don't know if it's because i have steam version.

I have the same problem with the new version (Steam version 2018.2.2)
When a new project is created, the 2d view show my uv in the lower left corner(see picture 02), and the gray uv border moves like it has a weird parallax effect, when i zoom ,the pointer get stuck, and when i tried to paint, the pointer and the painted area are misaligned (see picture 01).

Things i tried (tested with diferent 3D models with the same results):

-Update and back to a previous nvidia driverversion. nothing of this work.

-Open a old project. The old project works ok(see picture 03).Then i create a new project, and the new projects works as intended(see picture 04).

-Open a old project and then open a saved(bugged) project, and the problem persist.

Please fix this bug. Thanks!

Hi I have the same problem. Tried it with different meshes. Everything worked just fine yesterday (with the meshes I was testing) but now after an update on steam the 2 D view seems to be broken.

I also tried reinstalling. Didnt help.
Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 07:32:12 am

Yep, everything after the last update, on an older project everything is normale, but if i use the same mesh on a new project, the problem persist!

Hi guys, we are looking into this. In the meantime, a workaround is to export the mesh from Painter, and create a new project using this exported mesh.

Hi guys, we are looking into this. In the meantime, a workaround is to export the mesh from Painter, and create a new project using this exported mesh.

I'm having the same problem on the newest version. I tried this export workaround but it didn't fix it for me. I did get it to work if I used the exported model on a new file (close and reopen painter) in 2.1

I'm gonna be rolled back until this is fixed, I use 2D view to paint a lot

[...] a workaround is to export the mesh from Painter, and create a new project using this exported mesh.

Didn't have an effect for me.

It doesn't seem to be a problem with the mesh, but rather Painter itself. If I load up projects I just worked on yesterday with no issue, I'm getting the same weird parallax grey box offset mouse crazyness effect. It seemed to happen when I was randomly messing with projection painting, then all of a sudden everything went haywire. Painting in 3d view is fine, but 2d is impossible.

Here's a video demonstrating my issue, if it helps: https://youtu.be/S8u_1tSiIkQ

We found a fix, we are prepping a test build. It may be a bit delayed however as we have a few issues internally with our build system. We will keep you guys updated.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hello, could you give an estimate when we can expect the fix?
I need Painter for work so it is quite difficult cause the workaround doesnt work for me and I cant get any work done for 3 days now.
Thank you.

If we don't have a build out today it will be in the beginning of next week maximum.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

An exactly same problem here, I mostly work around the UV map because and this is just terrible news for me. Especially if I'll have to wait through the weekend.