Author Topic: Offset while painting with my Cintiq  (Read 4521 times)

Hello everyone !

When I draw on Substance, there is a weird offset between the spot where my pen hits the screen and the one where the strokes appears on my model

I have this issue only while painting on Substance Painter, every other software works fine. My guess is a weird driver issue ?
 I didn't have it when I had my old school pen tablet, only on the Cintiq (22HD and it also happened on the same computer with a 13HD).

Thanks in advance for the help :)

What is the installed driver version for you Wacom ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

6.3.30-6
I think this is the latest one :)

I have discussed with the QA Team, apparently they similar reports from other users in the past but weren't able to reproduce the issue internally.

A few questions :
- Do you have HDPI scaling enabled in windows ?
- What is the layout of your monitors (are aligned, on top of each other, etc) ?
- Did you calibrate properly the tablet to match the screen in the Wacom drivers ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thanks for your research !

- It was, I turned it off and set my two monitors on 100% scaling.
- My monitors are aligned, the Cintiq used as my main screen and my laptop as a second one
- Yes it is properly calibrated since I don't have this issue while working on ZBrush or Photoshop.

Hope this will help ! Thanks again.

Thanks for your research !

- It was, I turned it off and set my two monitors on 100% scaling.
- My monitors are aligned, the Cintiq used as my main screen and my laptop as a second one
- Yes it is properly calibrated since I don't have this issue while working on ZBrush or Photoshop.

Hope this will help ! Thanks again.

If you only keep the Cintiq and unplug from the GPU your other monitor do you still have the problem ?
-----------

Yes, still there :(

Okay, I will reach a developer to see if I can gather more information.
Right now I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions.

Can you check meanwhile that you don't have any software that could cause a conflict ?
See : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/spdoc/software-conflicts-147095610.html
-----------

I disabled my anti virus, and I think it fixed the issue when I work with only one monitor, the Cintiq's one. I tried with both of them and it came back :/

Have you tried rolling back the Wacom driver to 6.3.29-6? I had an offset problem in other apps using the latest Wacom driver, much worse than what you're showing, but it might be related.

I'm experiencing the same issue.
I just set up my Cintiq 22 HD at my work, and got the exactly same problem. Everything works fine on Photoshop and ZBrush though. Before I was working with a Intuos Pro, and substance was fine.

I did all the steps recommended on this post already, but it still not working.

The funny thing is that my work mates are not having this issue at all.

I got the the latest Painter Version 2018.3.0
For the Cintiq I got the 6.3.31-4 driver, but also tried 6.3.30-6 and 6.3.29-6 for Windows.

Right now we are not able to reproduce this issue internally.
However we are looking into solutions that may improve the support for Wacom tablets more generally, so it may improve in the future (no guarantee however).
-----------

*bump* I am also having this issue. Calibration is fine in all other programs, but off by a significant amount in substance

no probs on the 2016 modell of cintiq 27" QHD (nontouch).
drivers 6.3.31.-4.
i stopped upgrading wacom drivers.because they messed up things so often i lost count.Same opinion on my coworkers and admins in our company.
if you ever contacted the wacom suppoert,you very fast find out that they suggest you to stick to the latest drivers that worked for you..

Hello!
I am having the same problem with Substance Painter 2018.3.2 (EDIT: same in Substance Painter 2018.3.3) and the Cintiq 22 HD, driver Version 6.3.9w3.
The problem only seems to appear since I switched to a newer cintiq.

I also noticed, that it seems to have a connection to the brush-size. Larger brushes work fine, there is no offset. The more I decrease the brush-size the larger the offset. And zoom seems to affect this issue too, but I could'nt find out how exactly (zooming out makes the offset worse?) and I am not so sure about it.
The problem also disappears sometimes (e.g. while I am writing here, then testing it again in Substance, it works fine for a while) but then it appears again.

I can not even adapt to the offset because it keeps increasing and decreasing, so it really prevents me from working normally.
Sometimes switching to the desktop and back to painter seems to help, but after a few minutes of working the issue occurs again.
Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 10:58:15 am