Author Topic: How to blend maps thru ID map?  (Read 283 times)

Hi,

i'm having hard time with following situation here:
I have a character, complete in 3 states; normal, injured, badly injured. My goal is > to be able to blend wounds visibility on specific places (thru ID map?) for example left arm or right, torso etc. Maps that must be blended are basically all of them, or at least normal and color.

So far I get how to make "2 normal maps > blend node > normal channel" work. But I'm having 3 maps and I'd like to be able to blend between 3. + I'd like to have sliders for specific areas.. and here I'm getting lost completely.

Can you guys help me find a solution?
Sry for my english.

Hi,

i'm having hard time with following situation here:
I have a character, complete in 3 states; normal, injured, badly injured. My goal is > to be able to blend wounds visibility on specific places (thru ID map?) for example left arm or right, torso etc. Maps that must be blended are basically all of them, or at least normal and color.

So far I get how to make "2 normal maps > blend node > normal channel" work. But I'm having 3 maps and I'd like to be able to blend between 3. + I'd like to have sliders for specific areas.. and here I'm getting lost completely.

Can you guys help me find a solution?
Sry for my english.

Hi,

Are you wanting to blend between the 3 normal maps?

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja