Author Topic: Dependencies  (Read 776 times)

With the latest version of Designer, every time I receive a Substance with dependencies from someone else, I have to manually select the all the dependencies even though they are in the /dependencies sub-folder.

It looks like the full path to the dependency is being stored, instead of a relative path.

Could this be changed so it always looks in the /dependencies subfolder? Or if I select a different folder, and it also find other missing dependencies in that folder, it asks if it can use those dependencies?

Hi,

The way dependency paths are stored mainly depends on the files organization at the moment the .sbs is saved. I could not tell exactly what happens in your case without knowing exactly how your (or your colleague's) files are organized though.

Usually relative paths are always used unless the dependencies are located in a different drive.

Could this be changed so it always looks in the /dependencies subfolder? Or if I select a different folder, and it also find other missing dependencies in that folder, it asks if it can use those dependencies?

That would be a very nice improvement, we just have to find some time to implement such system.
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

That could very well be the problem (dependencies being on a different drive). I will check that out, thanks for the help!