Author Topic: Is there a way to make sliders affect each other?  (Read 2898 times)

For example, lets say I have a face that is animated using blends shapes that turns into like, 5 different faces, and I want the textures for each of those 5 faces to be completely different. For the substance that textures the face, I want it to have 5 sliders that controls the amount of blending between the textures. Is there any way to make it so that the sliders all affect each other so that sliding one of them up will slide the others down?

For example, lets say I have a face that is animated using blends shapes that turns into like, 5 different faces, and I want the textures for each of those 5 faces to be completely different. For the substance that textures the face, I want it to have 5 sliders that controls the amount of blending between the textures. Is there any way to make it so that the sliders all affect each other so that sliding one of them up will slide the others down?

Hello,

I'm not sure something of this level is easily done, however it may be possible. For the given parameter you are controlling (ex. Opacity), you could create a custom function that sets variables linked to the sliders and depending on the value, decrease or increase the opposing sliders. I'm not sure if its possible to set instance parameters. I will need to check on this.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hmm...ok, well I guess I'll play around with it and see what I can do.

Hmm...ok, well I guess I'll play around with it and see what I can do.

Hi,

I checked with the developers and unfortunately the setup with sliders you are looking to do is not possible. Let me know if you have another idea on how you can approach what you want to do and perhaps we can find a workaround.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Ok, so I have another idea. Instead of having separate sliders, we have 1 uniform color input instead. The idea would be that since it's a color input, you can't have more than 1 color at a time. So Red would be face 1, Blue face 2, Green face 3, Purple face 4, etc. That way, as you're animating from 1 face to another, you could just set up the color to move from one to another over the animation time.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble setting this up. How I want to set up the math part looks sort of like the picture attached (for setting up the red's opacity, I already have the purple, yellow and stuff worked out, just didn't want to make another picture). The problem is that I need to break the color input from 1 Float 4 to 4 Float 1's. Is there a way to do this at all?