Author Topic: Plugin causing Maya 2018 to crash on startup  (Read 4512 times)

So I've been using the Substance plugin for Maya 2018 on Mac and it was working fine until I changed what I think was called the Engine Control from 'software' to 'hardware' which then gave me a pop-up saying that Maya needs to be restarted for that change to take effect.

Upon restarting and loading up that save file Maya crashes to desktop.  Even opening a fresh Maya and it will crash.  I deleted all my Autodesk Maya contents from Applications and re-installed Maya.  Booted it up and it works.  I re-installed the Substance plugin, boot it up and it crashes.  I delete Substance from plugins, boot it up and it works.

Heelllp

I guess my best course of action for now is to just use Maya 2017 and download the Substance plugin for that?

same here - maya crashes at startup. I think it's related to changing from CPU to GPU in the substance plugin. I can't change it back, so i guess i need to delete and try again.

Any ETA on an update of the plugin?

--
Maya 2018 sp2
OSX 10.12.6

same here - maya crashes at startup. I think it's related to changing from CPU to GPU in the substance plugin. I can't change it back, so i guess i need to delete and try again.

Any ETA on an update of the plugin?

--
Maya 2018 sp2
OSX 10.12.6

Hi,

We are working on an update to the Maya plugin. We can reproduce this crash and will get this fixed.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Wes any word on this yet?>

Wes any word on this yet?>

Hi,

I'm sorry we are still working on this issue. We have fixed the crash, but the GPU textures are appearing as black. We are now working to fix this issue. I'm sorry to recommend, but it's best to use CPU engine on Mac for now.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja