Author Topic: Emissive Channel problem  (Read 2255 times)

I'm having a problem with emissive on Substance Painter, whenever I adding emmisive channel, the other texture of my object will turn white, so is there anyway to solve this? Thanks.

Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 08:20:50 am

Dunno if this is rigth, but based on my (very limited) use of SP, I think a lot depends on the nature of how you are adding emmissive details. If you add a layer for emission and start off with a white mask, everything will be bright, start off with a black mask and you can paint in emission details. Certainly I've experienced that trying to add things like scratches etc in other channels so I presume it's the same sort of thing.

Dunno if this is rigth, but based on my (very limited) use of SP, I think a lot depends on the nature of how you are adding emmissive details. If you add a layer for emission and start off with a white mask, everything will be bright, start off with a black mask and you can paint in emission details. Certainly I've experienced that trying to add things like scratches etc in other channels so I presume it's the same sort of thing.

The thing is that I did add black mask and I didn't even enable the emissive on the properties tab. I did add emissive channel on texture set setting and that's where the white texture problem happened.

When you add a channel after the fact, filters in your stack will automatically be applied to this new channel, go through your stack and make sure there isn't a filter you intended to apply only on the base color for example, that ended up being applied to the emissive as well.

I have the same problem, when i use emissive turns the material color to white insted of use the emissive color. Im very confused about it.