Author Topic: What is the workflow for texture an Landscape?  (Read 2684 times)

Hi,

I have bought substance painter and Designer.
What is the best workflow to texture a landscape?

I tought, that Substance Designer is for generating materials like sands, little stones, cracks, moss, ect.
And Painter is for painting this materials onto the landscape.

If I search tutorials often I see that there was load the UV-map into designer and the texturing is complete done into designer.
That makes me confuse what is the right way.

I have Cinema4D R15, ZBrush, 3D-Coat, Substance Painter and Designer.
Substance had flashed me with the designer. Thats a really great tool!

Because I want to paint the designer materials onto the objects I bought Painter.
C4D R15 don't support Substance. And the other applications dont support it, too.

So I think Substance is my Texture-Studio.

Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 08:36:51 pm

Hi,

I have bought substance painter and Designer.
What is the best workflow to texture a landscape?

I tought, that Substance Designer is for generating materials like sands, little stones, cracks, moss, ect.
And Painter is for painting this materials onto the landscape.

If I search tutorials often I see that there was load the UV-map into designer and the texturing is complete done into designer.
That makes me confuse what is the right way.

I have Cinema4D R15, ZBrush, 3D-Coat, Substance Painter and Designer.
Substance had flashed me with the designer. Thats a really great tool!

Because I want to paint the designer materials onto the objects I bought Painter.
C4D R15 don't support Substance. And the other applications dont support it, too.

So I think Substance is my Texture-Studio.

Hi,

You can export textures directly from Designer. You don't need to use the substance plugin in your host 3D application. The idea is to use designer to create a tiling material (set of textures) you can then export and apply in C4D.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja