Author Topic: Substance Source lists SBSAR & SBS but only SBSAR downloads  (Read 1391 times)

I'm a little confused, it's says that both exist so I assume when I download I would get both, but as you can see by the image I've attached, I'm only getting the SBSAR... lil help?  :)

Nope, depends which you click over download and SBS and SBSAR pop up, then you have to click to choose,

Hi @CGHarp ,

As @Colkaih said the file downloaded when using the blue button that appears when you're on hover on the thumbnail is always a sbsar.
To download other formats (sbs or mdl) you just have to open the popup by clicking on the thumbnail of the material, and you will see a "download" button with a dropdown list with the different formats available !
PO @ Allegorithmic

Thank you Marion and Colkaih!!  I wonder if I have popups blocked or something, I've never seen that, I'll check.  Cheers!

Is this option still available right now ? I don't have the dropdown list on the download button   :(

Make sure you are looking at a procedural material, scanned materails do not include the sbs file.

Hi @CGHarp ,

As @Colkaih said the file downloaded when using the blue button that appears when you're on hover on the thumbnail is always a sbsar.
To download other formats (sbs or mdl) you just have to open the popup by clicking on the thumbnail of the material, and you will see a "download" button with a dropdown list with the different formats available !

....now UX wise, to hide this button in the 2nd submenue, sucks!!! This gave me a freakin bad experience! I simply don't have time to search the forum to get this answer.
On this crucial detail BAD UX + bad UI on the web front end.

Hi @jph_2

This corresponds to the needs of the large majority of our users, and it does not seem to be a problem for most, which is why we did it that way.
I'm sorry this caused you a bad experience on our platform.
PO @ Allegorithmic