Author Topic: Substance Source lists SBSAR & SBS but only SBSAR downloads  (Read 2062 times)

I'm a little confused, it's says that both exist so I assume when I download I would get both, but as you can see by the image I've attached, I'm only getting the SBSAR... lil help?  :)

Nope, depends which you click over download and SBS and SBSAR pop up, then you have to click to choose,

Hi @CGHarp ,

As @Colkaih said the file downloaded when using the blue button that appears when you're on hover on the thumbnail is always a sbsar.
To download other formats (sbs or mdl) you just have to open the popup by clicking on the thumbnail of the material, and you will see a "download" button with a dropdown list with the different formats available !
PO @ Allegorithmic

Thank you Marion and Colkaih!!  I wonder if I have popups blocked or something, I've never seen that, I'll check.  Cheers!

Is this option still available right now ? I don't have the dropdown list on the download button   :(

Make sure you are looking at a procedural material, scanned materails do not include the sbs file.

Hi @CGHarp ,

As @Colkaih said the file downloaded when using the blue button that appears when you're on hover on the thumbnail is always a sbsar.
To download other formats (sbs or mdl) you just have to open the popup by clicking on the thumbnail of the material, and you will see a "download" button with a dropdown list with the different formats available !

....now UX wise, to hide this button in the 2nd submenue, sucks!!! This gave me a freakin bad experience! I simply don't have time to search the forum to get this answer.
On this crucial detail BAD UX + bad UI on the web front end.

Hi @jph_2

This corresponds to the needs of the large majority of our users, and it does not seem to be a problem for most, which is why we did it that way.
I'm sorry this caused you a bad experience on our platform.
PO @ Allegorithmic

Hello,
It seems that sbs download is not possible anymore:

ApiHelpers.js:47 TypeError: e.getDownloadUrl is not a function
    at ApiHelpers.js:33
    at c (runtime.js:45)
    at Generator._invoke (runtime.js:271)
    at Generator.forEach.e.(/anonymous function) [as next] (https://source.substance3d.com/static/js/4.351ea5d2.chunk.js:2:1030956)
    at c (runtime.js:45)
    at t (runtime.js:135)
    at runtime.js:170
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at o (runtime.js:169)
    at E._invoke (runtime.js:192)

Is this a known bug ?

Related substance: https://source.substance3d.com/allassets/5e3474e8b6f14b63146d5936396f80ffbadb5495?player=true&q=moon

Same thing has been happening to me all week. Tried different browsers and computers. nothing works

hi not working for me either, tried Chrome, Firefox, microsoft edge, all same result.  only sbsar downloads.  on the popup page i can only click between sbs and sbsar but after that i cannot download.  i have to go back to the main page and hit the tiny blue download button, which only spits out a sbsar file.  please fix this? 

Same. I can download sbsar files by clicking the blue download button but sbs files won't download. I tried Firefox & Chrome. Clicking on the icon brings up a pop up window, I clicked the blue download button, another pop up with SBS and SBSAR options come up, clicking on either the SBS or SBSAR does nothing.

Also, why is there only one blue download button that's default for SBSAR? I'd love to see 2 buttons, one for SBS and one for SBSAR so I don't have to open a pop up window every time I want an SBS file.

Hi all,

We had an inssue in the last days of december where the download of sbs files was not possible anymore.
The issue has now been fixed, thank you for your patience!
PO @ Allegorithmic