Author Topic: Difrenc in texture output after importing .sbsar to UE4  (Read 1152 times)

Hello, I have a texture problem that I made in a Substance designer based on a tutorial.
I do not know whether this is normal, but the proportions of texture look different in Substanc Designer and differently in EU4 when i import .sbsar file. The example shown in the pictures below.
I also attach a texture file.

substance designer file
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u9854piz5a528cu/AAAO-Qg61nPUlBmFMqsahM8Ya?dl=0

Can someone explain to me if this is normal or what I'm doing wrong?
Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 05:41:09 pm

Hello, I have a texture problem that I made in a Substance designer based on a tutorial.
I do not know whether this is normal, but the proportions of texture look different in Substanc Designer and differently in EU4 when i import .sbsar file. The example shown in the pictures below.
I also attach a texture file.

substance designer file
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u9854piz5a528cu/AAAO-Qg61nPUlBmFMqsahM8Ya?dl=0

Can someone explain to me if this is normal or what I'm doing wrong?

Hi,

This is an issue with the graph computing differently between the CPU and GPU substance engine. You can see this in Designer by going to Tools>Switch Engine in Designer. Switching to GPU should fix this in UE4. However, there seems to be an issue with the GPU engine in UE4 as it's still producing the result as if it were computed under the CPU engine. I have created a ticket for this and the team is checking into the issue.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

I have a workaround.

1. Switch to the GPU engine in UE4 (Edit>Project Settings>Substance)
2. Restart the UE4 editor
3. Reimport the Substance (Right-click Substance Instance Factory and choose import).

This will update your Substance to look correct. We have a ticket to fix this issue, but this workaround will get you going with your substance.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja