Author Topic: Why is there no option to donate a little extra for some extra downloads? >.<  (Read 535 times)

I mean once the library of the materials is huge sure that might not be an issue, but when you are just getting the source the 30 downloads are a bit limiting. So i was wondering if perhaps a way will be implemented to purchase some extra points.

Like say you get particularly inspired and just go to town but suddenly no more downloads... i cant make substance designer work for the life of me so its only whats on the share, handwaving in painter/corel for me.

That said i absolutely love the integration with UE4 and SS on paper looks like an amazing idea. Its just the number of downloads is panicking me "what if i'll need this or that urgentry?! I want to try this marble and that one and this one AAAAAA ILL RUN OUT OF THINGS IF I GET THEM ALL".

Much love and thanks for all the hard work! <3

Edited: You guys should also get that wood for the source its amazing. Was surprised thats not in options for source. Come to think of it there are a lot of outstanding things on share that should be in source at some point.
Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:37:58 am

Hi Celessia,

Regarding Substance Share materials, they are not owned by Allegorithmic and follow a different EULA than the Substance Source one.
They are offered for free by the artists who made them, and can be used by anyone as long as the artists are credited for their work. They should stay for free on Substance Share for anyone who needs them, they are also used a lot for educational purposes!
This is why we do not offer them on Substance Source. :)

Regarding the extra points, it is possible to purchase some extra if you need them!
You can subscribe for an additional Substance subscription with the same account, only for one month for example, and you will get 30 additionnal downloads. You can then unsubscribe before the end of the month if you don't think you will need more points the next month, as the points do not decay over time you will keep them even if you have unsubscribed you will not have to worry about having to use them all in a short amount of time.

I hope this answered your questions!
PO @ Allegorithmic

Regarding the extra points, it is possible to purchase some extra if you need them!
You can subscribe for an additional Substance subscription with the same account, only for one month for example, and you will get 30 additionnal downloads. You can then unsubscribe before the end of the month if you don't think you will need more points the next month, as the points do not decay over time you will keep them even if you have unsubscribed you will not have to worry about having to use them all in a short amount of time.

I didn't know that! Thank you very much! All those great textures here i come!

Regarding Substance Share materials, they are not owned by Allegorithmic and follow a different EULA than the Substance Source one.
They are offered for free by the artists who made them, and can be used by anyone as long as the artists are credited for their work. They should stay for free on Substance Share for anyone who needs them, they are also used a lot for educational purposes!
This is why we do not offer them on Substance Source. :)

Well i was thinking maybe in the future best of the share textures could be recreated by professionals with extra options, - really those options make the materials on source so good - you can tweak them to get JUST the right one, - from one basis a hundred variations.

I hope this answered your questions!

Absolutely! Thank you! And thanks for all the hard work.