Author Topic: Triplanar Projection Stretching  (Read 826 times)

Hey there. I have a cube shaped house I'm texturing, and I would like to use Triplanar projection since that will help the texture align, however when I activate it, I get this weird stretching on some of the edges. The house isn't perfectly cube shaped, and it is hollow with some thickness so maybe that's it. But I'd like to know of ways to fix this. All help is appreciated, thanks.

Can you share the mesh file?

The tri-planar projection depends of your mesh normals for the blending.
If you can't modify your mesh, you try instead the "advanced tri-planar" filter or generator instead (which use the world space normal instead, so it will give a better blending).
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I can't find any documentation or posts about how to use advanced triplanar. I know it's a generator but it doesn't seem to do anything other than discolor my texture.

EDIT: I added it as a filter and it seems to have added the stretching to all edges where it was previously only a few.
Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 05:35:49 am

EDIT: I added it as a filter and it seems to have added the stretching to all edges where it was previously only a few.
For the filter to work properly you need to disable the tri-planar projection on the base fill layer first, so that only the filter perform the projection.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

For the filter to work properly you need to disable the tri-planar projection on the base fill layer first, so that only the filter perform the projection.

I did just that actually, and I still got the stretching on all edges. It also scaled the texture down greatly so you could see it repeating a lot. Can you show me the proper layer setup for using that filter? I'm still relatively new.

I did just that actually, and I still got the stretching on all edges. It also scaled the texture down greatly so you could see it repeating a lot. Can you show me the proper layer setup for using that filter? I'm still relatively new.
Can you show instead of it is actually setup in your project ? It's maybe just one wrong setting. :)
-----------