Author Topic: How can I get a previous version of substance painter on steam licence  (Read 69 times)

Hi, I bought the Substance Painter 2021 via my Steam account yesterday.
Right after that I realized that the synchronization between Steam accounts and Substance3d.com accounts was discontinued after Feb 2021.
Is it possible for me to get I get an older version of Substance Painter 2021, since I haven't linked my accounts and own only a Steam license?

I would like to be able to use Substance Painter 2019, especifically.

Thank you in advance!

That's unfortunately not possible. Any particular reason why you need the 2019 version?

I have a file created on Substance Painter 2019 but since I have access only to the 2021 version, I cannot open it.
Is there a way that I can convert these files and use them in the 2021 version, which is available on Steam? If not, how can I obtain Substance Painter 2019 in order to open the data that I have on me right now?

Also, I heard that a file created in the 2021 version (that is the only one that I own) cannot be opened in SP2019. Is that true?
If so, I would like to know if by having a subscription license to Substance Painter I would have access to old versions as well. The reason why I am asking this is that I have a hard requirement on being able to open data from SP2019 and also create data that can be opened in SP2019.

Thank you!