Author Topic: How to use BRick-Generator with 4 different color variations?  (Read 1528 times)

hello,

it´s been a (long) while for me, with Designer - now I need to create a floor of granite tiles, but don´t know where to start.
I got 4 different colored granite textures, produced from a substance and I got the brick generator setup to the pattern, I wanted... now - how to do this exactly?

How can I bring them together, so the generator does tiles with the four colors, in a random order?

Any help is welcome!
Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 03:41:39 pm

Anybody? Clues? Directions? Ideas?

Or is this just not possible in Designer?

If not, then I think I´ll do it manually (like putting together some tiles and texture them individually and make a floor out of it and maybe bake everything onto a plane and make it tile with B2M

Why not create one brick generator, set everything up and expose the vital parameter and make four copies of this node.
Use the Mask Random function and use the output as a mask for the blending?

You can do like this for example:

hello Vincent,

this souds/looks great! I will test your suggestion and see, if it works for my project!

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Looks like it´s getting somewhere :) Thank you so much for putting me on the right track, Vincent!

Will post the final result, when it´s done!

Cool :)

Ok, will put up some renders soon - got the material finalized, now!

I went with "Color to Mask", instead of the "Histogram Select" node because I found it easier/quicker, without having to use sliders to catch the right values.

Ok, will put up some renders soon - got the material finalized, now!

I went with "Color to Mask", instead of the "Histogram Select" node because I found it easier/quicker, without having to use sliders to catch the right values.
Good ide

Thanks!

I wanted to post an image (1440p) - but it seems, this forum does not support such size.

So here is the scaled down version of it:

Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 03:31:10 pm

a) Looks great!   :)

b) See notes in my signature about attaching images.  The "drag-and-drop" method should make a scaled-down version of the picture appear in your post, but will let us click on it to view the full-res version.
Hobbyist
----------
Common "Help" suggestions:
- LOG FILE tips - https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,22451.0.html
- LICENSING issues https://www.allegorithmic.com/contact
- ATTACH files and pictures to posts: https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,23670.0.html

Good work ;)

a) Looks great!   :)

Thank you, Sir!

b) See notes in my signature about attaching images.  The "drag-and-drop" method should make a scaled-down version of the picture appear in your post, but will let us click on it to view the full-res version.

Wow, good to know! I hope, I´ll remember this! Normally, the forum should be working without people posting "how to post images" notes in their signature ;) At least the forum should come up with "too large" "Too much MB" or a message like that, instead of just doing.. nothing ;)