Author Topic: Function question -> Direct Inputs  (Read 2423 times)

Is it possible to have direct inputs on a Function, instead of having to connect other nodes?

I have a function that has 4 static inputs, and I need to set this function up in a lot of parameters. It would be much faster to simply enter the values in input boxes instead of having to create and attached Float nodes. Please see attached sketch.

Or are direct inputs reserved for 'atomic' function nodes (like Float, Integer, etc)?

I really like to use static variable in pixel processor too.
If I can use the static variable, I can make Auto Level much faster than now.

I really like to use static variable in pixel processor too.
If I can use the static variable, I can make Auto Level much faster than now.

Allegorithmic just released a SD update with an improved Auto Levels node which is supposed to be much faster. (See their blog).

Hi,

In Designer you can create a graph function. Does something like that fit your needs or do you need something else ?

Q.A Analyst

Hey everyone,
I'm new to substance painter and I'm using the very last version of this software. I'm trying to follow a tutorial which is using the 2017.1 version and I can't continue the workflow because a lot of things changed since this version and I cant find the "plank_x" button. Do someone has an alternative to recreate what this button does ? ( My problem is at the 9th minute)
this is the link of the tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4aNIDJ84nM&t=26s

Ps : sorry if i did some mistakes ( grammar or something else, english is not my first spoken langage :))
Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:06:50 pm

Hi,

In Designer you can create a graph function. Does something like that fit your needs or do you need something else ?

Hey Luc, thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I was not clear, I am already using a sub-function. It's a function for helping with exposing parameters (to make them blend in at certain values). For every exposed parameter, I need to setup the function network again (see attachment). The static floats need to be tweaked for each parameter, so I cannot put them inside the sub-function.

I need to add this function to a lot of parameters, and while it's not a big amount of work, it's kind of annoying to have to make 5 floats, attach them, etc. So it would be great if I could just drop in a single function, and the parameters could be set inside the properties panel of that function.