Author Topic: Why "documentResources()" can`t get "Environment Map" file??  (Read 848 times)

The API tell will "Get the list of All resources..." and " All resources used.....",but I can`t get the "Environment Map" file??
what`s wrong~~!!!!!!

//=========================================
<static> documentResources()
Get the list of all resources used to texture the opened project. This includes mesh maps of all texture sets and all resources used inside layer stacks.

Throws:
If no project is opened.
Type
alg.resources.ResourcesError ...
//=============================================

I believe that list of resources relates only to the Painter Layer Stack, and not other application states. So while it will give you a list of resources (bitmaps, substances, etc) used in the compositing graph, it won't give you a list of Display Settings and their dependencies.

I'm personally very much looking forward to the day that the API allows for the getting and setting of Display Settings. This is very important for consistent evaluation of work

Indeed, as Brad mentioned the Resources function in the API are only related to the Painting document (aka the Layer Stack). We recently added functions to edit the shader as well. Hopefully we will be able to offer the same kind of controls for the environment map in a near future.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Indeed, as Brad mentioned the Resources function in the API are only related to the Painting document (aka the Layer Stack). We recently added functions to edit the shader as well. Hopefully we will be able to offer the same kind of controls for the environment map in a near future.
Thank you reply :)!