Author Topic: How to generate heightmap from the downloaded material  (Read 2184 times)

Hi,

When downloading a material from substance Source via UE4 i always get a Albedo, Normal, Met/Rough/AO but no Heighmap even when its selected in the substance graph instance. Is there a way how to get it or am i missing something?

Also, when i change the resolution and other parameters, nothings changes.

Thanks in advance!

Martin
Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 01:14:42 pm

Hi,

When downloading a material from substance Source via UE4 i always get a Albedo, Normal, Met/Rough/AO but no Heighmap even when its selected in the substance graph instance. Is there a way how to get it or am i missing something?

Also, when i change the resolution and other parameters, nothings changes.

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Hi Martin,

I'm sorry for this issue. I can't seem to reproduce this in UE4. If I enable the height, a height texture is created in the Content Browser with the other substance generated textures. Are you using a custom substance?

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hey Martin,

Just realized you posted on youtube as well. You are using a Substance from Source. Is it any Source file? Can you give me the name of the specific material you tired? What version of UE4 are you on?

Cheers,
Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

I made a screenshot to simplify the situation :)

Hey Martin,

Just realized you posted on youtube as well. You are using a Substance from Source. Is it any Source file? Can you give me the name of the specific material you tired? What version of UE4 are you on?

Cheers,
Wes

Any updates?

Hey Martin,

Cheers,
Wes

Any updates?

Hi Martin,

I don't have an update yet. I am checking with the devs. I am seeing something strange when using this specific substance as well. I will get back ASAP

Cheers,
Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

I wasn't able to generate heightmaps to use in parallax too using a sbar generated in substance designer.
The heightmap the plugin generates has a compression that it's not compatible with parallax.
What I do to workaround this is export the channel as a texture then export as texture.
Don't remember very well but it has to do with the srgb checkbox in unreal

Hey guys,
I tried importing a couple sbsar files to UE4.20 (from source and designer) and none of them gets the heightmap texture to unreal.

Best,
Papok