Author Topic: [BUG] Substance Painter 2: Black Screen  (Read 59601 times)

Whenever I run Substance Painter 2, I get a black screen. I've re-installed it and validated files (on Steam) to no avail. I was wondering if anyone else has had these issues and how to fix it.

The drop down windows somehow shows up when I click around though.

Please let me know what other information will be helpful to fix the problem.

Did you check that none of these tools are running and causing a conflict with Painter?
https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Software+conflicts

I checked, and I thought it was the Autodesk assistant, but it did nothing when I disabled it.

Perhaps it's a GPU issue?
I am currently using an Intel Iris Graphics 6100, which is standard with any MacBook that Substance Painter supports.

Sorry, I don't like double-posting. But, I've spent the past few days trying to find a solution to this at every corner of anything related to black screens and Substance Painter and I'm running a blank. Any help would be awesome.

Hi, I just realized your GPU is an Iris 6100, not an Iris "Pro" which is the minimum spec for Substance Pianter.
The Iris Pro GPU is about twice as fast as the regular one, so it's likely that Painter will have trouble working. The next update will actually warn you at first launch if your GPU is unsupported.

Hi, I´m getting the exact same error.

I've deactivated the Autodesk Assitant

Upgraded my Graphics card driver and deactivated the malware detection application.

I've got no antivirus.

I'm sharing my system specs here

Is there anything that I can do?

By the way, when I first launched Substance, it asked me to change some things in the regedit...I did, and now my screen turn green from time to time.

Could you please attach a log file.